I’m Cassie and I’m so glad you’re here. I’m a wife and stay-at-home mother of two (so far!). I’m a veteran who was raised by a veteran, and I’m married to a veteran. I love Jesus, America, chocolate and Chick-fil-A, hot tea and wine, a good book and a classic movie. When I first got married, I was wholly unqualified to be a housewife or a mommy (which is no one’s fault but my own!). Thus, over the years I have learned to keep my cell phone close (for those quick calls to the “expert” – aka my Mommy) and my Clorox wipes closer…I am truly as hapless and as clumsy as they come. But I am also hopeful, hard-working, blessed, loved, and determined (read: stubborn)! This blog is my effort to share not only my experiences, but also some hard-learned lessons, tips, and encouragement with the hope of enriching the lives of Mommies, Grandmas, Housewives, etc. everywhere!
I want this blog to be a safe place for all, which means that it is closely monitored and curated. As such, here are a few “rules to live by” for this blog:
1. I am a Christian. The opinions expressed in this blog are entirely my own, but they will often be influenced by my faith. If this offends you, please feel free to ignore this blog.
2. I love to discuss my faith and experiences, especially as I hope they may enrich the lives of others. While I am a trained counselor, none of the advice given is intended to be considered official counseling or guidance.
3. Please feel free to comment! I will answer any questions posed as quickly as possible, but there may occasionally be delays due to normal life circumstances. I also reserve the right to remove any negative comments and block any users who persist in spreading negativity.
4. I may provide links to outside sources, products, and services. This does not mean that I necessarily endorse these organizations or espouse their opinions, unless otherwise stated. I often simply use certain links as sources of information. I do my best to vet these sources, and will be sure to endorse those that I find to be of upstanding quality.
5. I am always willing to pray for you! Please comment with your request or contact me via social media. I reserve the right to filter these comments and contacts in the same manner as mentioned previously (see #3 above).
I hope you enjoy this blog! God bless you!
Hapless but hopeful,