It’s been a while, but I felt like it was finally time for the second installment of my favorite podcast recommendations. I listen to podcasts almost constantly, partially because I love to learn and partially because there are some days where it’s the only “adult conversation” I get! If you read the first post, you know that my podcast interests are fairly diverse. I’ve tried to carefully weed out any podcasts that regularly use foul or vulgar language, graphic descriptions, or inappropriate topics. I’ve managed to narrow my list down to a couple dozen podcasts that I know will provide entertainment but also lift my spirits or challenge me in some way.
These are all absolutely fabulous Christian podcasts that have encouraged me and blessed my walk with God in various ways. The first category focuses on biblical motherhood and marriage, but there are some fabulous family-related podcasts out there for men too (check out Pairadocs and Dad Tired)! While I think it’s important to have the community and discussion that the first category provides, it’s just as important, if not more so, to delve into scripture and ensure the foundations of our faith are secure. That is the purpose behind the second category, “Doctrinal/Bible Study.” With that said, here are eight Christian podcasts you NEED to check out:
- God Centered Mom by Heather MacFadyen – this is my favorite podcast for Christian women seeking wisdom and community in their roles as mothers and wives. Heather interviews incredible Christian women role models about everything from depression to finances to homeschooling to entrepreneurship. Her podcast is unique in that she actually offers ideas for listening groups so that women can actively build community and continue the conversations she starts in each episode. They’re like book clubs, but with less pressure, more flexibility, and biblical conversation!
- Risen Motherhood by Emily Jensen & Laura Wifler – a podcast that focuses on finding and/or infusing the Gospel into all the facets of motherhood. These women breathe biblical truth into the hardest, funniest, deepest parts of life raising a family in modern society. It’s refreshing, encouraging, and convicting all at once. They are dedicated to ensuring that they are rooted in biblical truths and principles, which lends a lot of credence to each episode. This is one you can count on and listen to over and over and still learn more each time!
- Cultivating the Lovely by MacKenzie Monroe – a podcast that helps Christian women find and cultivate the lovely moments and aspects of their roles as mothers, wives, etc. MacKenzie has the sweetest spirit and each episode feels like an intimate conversation between good friends. She does a lot of interviews with Godly role models, and she also tackles difficult subjects with a few co-hosts she brought on recently. MacKenzie manages to be uplifting and refreshing every time, and I count her podcast among the lovely things in my life!
- The Open Door Sisterhood by Alexandra Kuykendall & Krista Gilbert – a podcast about everything to do with being a Godly wife, mother, and woman. These women do a lot of interviews with other incredible Godly women, they also recommend great products and tips, and they really work to encourage fellowship and community among Christian women.
- Just Thinking and Let My People Think both by Ravi Zacharias – these are incredible podcasts by one of the world’s leading Christian apologists. Ravi’s approach to teaching is compassionate and grounded, as well as incredibly insightful. I’ve read some of his books too, and I can tell you – Ravi is BRILLIANT. God clearly gifted Ravi with a mind to explore, understand, and extract biblical truths and then translate them to the everyman. I cannot recommend these podcasts highly enough, as well as everything else RZIM does.
- She Proves Faithful by Lauren Hlushak – this podcast is scripturally based and so, SO well done! Lauren draws from her experiences in her own faith walk as a pastor’s wife and active church member. Lauren is honest, vulnerable, relatable, and genuine. It is evident that, as her website states, her goal is to “be catalog of resources to help women learn more about our Great God and how to prove faithful in all He’s given us to do.“
- Proverbs 31 Ministries: Everyday Life by Lysa Terkeurst – the episodes of this podcast are literally one minute long and put out daily. They are hosted by the various staff members of Proverbs 31 Ministries, including Lysa Terkeurst herself. Each episode is meant to be an infusion of gospel and grace into your daily life.
So there you have it! I hope that at least one of these will bless and encourage you in your faith journey. If they do, be sure to subscribe and leave them a 5-star review on iTunes or whichever platform you use for listening to all your favorite podcasts. Do you enjoy any of these podcasts already? Are there others that you think should be on this list? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
PS – no one on this list or affiliated with them asked or paid for these recommendations. These are solely my recommendations based on my personal experiences. There are NO affiliate links in this post.